I have recently found myself stockpiling tons of old books for various reasons. First, I visited my parents last weekend and looked around for some of my old books that are still lying around in random closets and bookcases. This is what I found:
- The Wrong Boy by Carol Stanley (A Wildfire book that I remember getting from a thrift store when I was in my early teens)
- Freddie the Thirteenth by Sandy Miller (passed down from my older sister)
- The Babysitter by RL Stine
- Here’s To You Rachel Robinson by Judy Blume
- Just As Long As We’re Together by Judy Blume (a garage sale find when I was a young teen)
- Sweet Valley Twins: A Christmas Without Elizabeth, Big For Christmas, Choosing Sides, Sneaking Out
- Love Stories books: Crushing On You, Three Princes, Sweet Sixteen
- Gallows Hill by Lois Duncan
- How I Changed My Life by Todd Strasser
- Sixteenth Summer by Maureen Daly
Then I went thrift store shopping, hitting up several Goodwill stores and another huge secondhand book/DVD/game store. I got A LOT this day.
Not directly pictured: 4 Babysitters Club books (10, 41, 46, 79); another Love Stories book, “What We Did Last Summer;” another Wildfire book “Just a Summer Girl;” a Keepsake book, “Lucky In Love;” and “Among Friends” by Caroline B. Cooney.
In probably what needs to be my last thrift store trip for a little while, at least until I can read most of these other purchases, I picked up a few more things.
I am particularly excited about The Unlikely Romance of Kate Bjorkman. I plan to recap a few of these books here and there to break up the monotony of Cheerleaders… and then maybe once I finish the series I will continue to blog my thoughts on random books whenever I feel the need.
I am having a lot of fun reconnecting with my younger side through these YA books from the 80s and 90s!